Thursday, January 19, 2012

REVIEW: Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope






A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far, Far Away... A phenomenon began in 1977

I don't think there's much to say about this movie since this movie has been talked about for years, so I am going to share my personal impression about the Star Wars Saga

my exposure of Star Wars began like this, When I was 8 years old, I saw the trailer of The Phantom Menace (the first prequel), and I asked my parents if they would take me to go see it, My dad then told me that I have to see The Star Wars Trilogy first before seeing The Phantom Menace. I watched a little of it and thought "this is kinda boring", and after 15 minutes, I gave up watching it. At that time, My grandfather also had the Original Trilogy on VHS, and he tried to get me to watch the rest of the movie, and when The Phantom Menace came out in theatres, it was "watch" or "no go". I decided to try and absorb as much of the movie as I can and sat through two hours of the film, and I thought it was pretty cool. This is a film series that My late grandfather liked, my father liked, and I also liked. This is Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, or simply "Star Wars"

I already mentioned that this might end being about what I actually like about the The Star Wars Trilogy, it's been talked to death. I am not even going to explain any useful information that you don't know, because you can find that out over the internet, especially Wikipedia or The Star Wars Wiki (which is called Wookiepedia). most people know what the story is about, I guess there's no point explaining it now. I will tell you what I liked and disliked about this film.

What I liked about A New Hope is that it sometimes sparked people's imagination when they first saw it. It also has an impressive history as well. The characters are also unforgettable, you got Luke being the classic Hero, Obi-Wan being the classic Mentor, and how can anyone forget Han, Leia, Chewie, and the two droids C-3PO and R2-D2. The music is great too...

I really never disliked the film that much, It's an impressive film.

Now if you're wondering what version of this film I liked most... It is a tie between the Original and the 2004 release.

I like the Original version because it's the more influential one. The 2004 version makes it look better, but it's nothing special, there are some changes I don't approve, and I am not in favor of the Blu-Ray version at all.

This movie is available from 20th Century Fox, All I can say is that A New Hope is an influential film that is hard not to like.

I give Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope a 9 out of 10


"IT'S EXCELLENT"

No comments: